Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Creations

Andrew and I have had fun being creative lately. One of his favorite things to do is make things out of paper - origami, paper airplanes, animals, well...anything. I am always delighted to see what he comes up with. Tonight he made these...

The hat is in honor of Dr. Suess's birthday today. The bird's body is actually a box that opens up to put stuff in. That is something we have in common - we both like boxes of any kind.

I've wanted to learn how to knit socks and gloves for a while now. I finally found a free glove pattern I wanted to try. Turns out they are not so hard to make after all. Next up - socks! But first I need to make the other glove.

I don't particularly enjoy making bread, but I wanted to see if I could make a tasty, tender pizza crust. I started by using the recipe for the Cuisanart machine, but that didn't work. I'll know never to try that again. I ended up taking it out and kneading the dough by hand. Kneading is hard work, but it was worth it. This was so good, I broke from my low fat diet and had some for dinner.

One thing is for sure, we are happiest when we are learning new things and creating.

1 comment:

Jen said...

true true,....love learning and creating new things! looks like you all have been having fun over there even without facebook! lol

I miss...

There are days when seeing a picture or video of him makes me smile for the memories and then some when I can't stop missing him.   ...