
(Oatmeal with ground flax seed)
That's what they say anyway. My doc gave me the news...my triglycerides are way too high. I started taking niacin, a vitamin B3 drug therapy, to help lower the levels.

Here were my stats in January:
LDL (bad cholesterol): 50 (very good)
HDL (good cholesterol): 27 (too low)
Triglycerides: 477 (really, really bad)
Total Cholesterol: 156 (perfect!)

(Whole wheat veggie wrap with fresh broccoli, cauliflower, onion, carrot, low-fat cheese, and low-fat ranch dressing)
I need to work on changing two of them for the better with a healthy diet and exercise program. When my doc told me that he wanted to prescribe a statin, that was all I needed to hear to get on the ball.
If you are what you eat, then I want to be healthy...


2 comments:
If I could see my food the way you photograph it, I would definitely be excited to eat more healthy. That wrap looks so yummy! Reminds me of a veggie wrap I had one time....LOL
And hey! I think I recognize those kids in that last picture! Is that them?
Ha! Yep, that's the same kind of veggie wrap Victoria made at the retreat. Love it!
Yes! Those kids are your nieces and nephew. They went on a walk with us on the Clear Creek Trail. Great kids - always love to have them around.
Post a Comment