Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Candy's Family

This winter has been really wet and dreary, so when I saw the bright red rosehips along a fence I had to photograph them (in between downpours). I love color!

One of my best friends, Candy, asked me to get some photos of her children and grandchildren while they were all together for the holidays. Unfortunately it was a rainy day and late, so we didn't have any natural light to work with and I don't have any equipment for studio photography. These were all taken with my speedlight bounced off the wall or ceiling. They are not great technically, but I did the best I could with what I had - a great learning experience. Now my new motto when it comes to photos...something is better than nothing, especially when it doesn't happen very often. I enjoy a good challenge, too.

***I forgot to mention that Candy was very sick, so she couldn't be in the photos. The plan is to "photoshop her in" somehow. I haven't learned that trick yet.

Her three grandchildren: Jackson, Summer, and Ashlee. Aren't they adorable!

Shaughn, Jessica and Jackson
Scott, Chelsea, and Ashlee

Sharie and Summer


All five children: Chelsea, Matt, Allison, Shaughn, and Sharie

Andrew isn't easy to get to pose for photos, so I'll be content with a photo like this I suppose!

(Playing Wii Fit)

3 comments:

Heather said...

they all turned out so cute.

Beth said...

I think the pictures turned out great! I especially like the b&w of the girls, and the first one of the grandkids! But why isn't Candy in any of the pictures?

Unknown said...

You've always been so good at photography! I'm so glad to know you have a blog too! I can be extra snoopy on what you're up to:)

I miss...

There are days when seeing a picture or video of him makes me smile for the memories and then some when I can't stop missing him.   ...