One of the things I love about the area we live is the ferry system. Garrett and I took the ferry over to Seattle for my birthday. We visited some dear friends, Glenn and Carolyn White, for a bit. Glenn and Garrett came to know each other when they both worked for DLI Engineering teaching a training seminar together. The two of them together made for a fun show really..."The Glenn and Garrett Show" they jokingly called it. In the last few years, Glenn's health has declined with the onset of Alzheimers and has come to the point of having to be moved to a health care facility. That has been difficult for all who know Glenn as he is one of the most brilliant, genuinely caring gentleman we know. As we walked in with Carolyn his face just lit up when he saw us. We sat and talked with him and laughed with him, sharing current events and memories with him. It was a wonderful visit and I'm so glad that we were able to do so, and hope to be able to visit again soon. If you'd like to know more about Glenn, read this.
It's been a while since I've updated on Garrett's health. He just finished the 4th of 7 rounds of chemo and is tolerating it quite well. The doc increased the dose and he's still doing well with it. He'll be getting a CT scan next week just to make sure all looks good inside.
Not many pictures to share today. I've been practicing some features of my camera I learned about in a workshop so this is all I really have....Next week - Heidi's wedding! Here's the announcement in the newspaper.
2 comments:
i LOVE that one of andrew
I love looking at the pics you take, need to post lots more.
I love that one on your blog header, so calm and pretty.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment